We are pleased and excited to announce, Alhamdulillah that Polaris Masjid has hired Br.Talha Lasania to be our full-time Imam. This is a great milestone for us. May Allah Subhana-watallah continue to guide and bless our community in the manner that pleases Him.
Imam Talha was born and raised in the neighboring community of Springfield Ohio where his father has led their community as the Imam over the last 3 decades .
He finished his high school and Hifz program at the Institute of Islamic Education in Elgin Illinois followed by a 6 year Alim and Shariah program at Darul Uloom in Bury, England which he completed in 2019. Recently he completed a 6 month classical Arabic intensive program at the Qasid Arabic Institute in Amman, Jordan.
He is currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in psychology with an interest in mental health, which he will continue on a part time basis.One of his areas of interest is in youth mentorship and education.
Imam Talha and his wife will be moving into our community in early August, insha’Allah and we look forward to welcoming them to the Polaris Masjid family.
Mohiuddin Ghazi President On Behalf of the Board of directors Islamic Center of Delaware County
Polaris Masjid has reopened for Jummah Salah and daily salah for Fajr, Maghrib & Isha only.
Assalamalaikum dear brothers & sisters,
PolarisMasjid has Alhamdulillah opened for Ju'ammah Salah as of Friday June 19th. The masjid is also open for Fajr, Maghrib and Isha daily prayers with the help of our dedicated volunteers. Please be aware that we will strictly enforce guidelines for the safety of everyone as specified below. Please read through the information so that you can come prepared.
Guidelines for Attending Salah at the Masjid
1. Ju'ammah prayer is open to men only ages 16 to 65 years old.
2. Please refrain from coming if you have a pre-existing medical condition that places you in a high-risk group such as COPD, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, immunodeficiency, etc.
3. Refrain from coming if you are sick, experienced fever, headache, muscle aches, runny nose, cough, fatigue, diarrhea, loss of smell/taste or been exposed to positive COVID 19 patient in the past two weeks.
4. Come to the masjid with wudu as the bathrooms and wudu stations will not be available.
5. All congregants must wear a mask at all times.
6. All congregants must bring their own prayer mat and a plastic bag to keep their shoes with them.
7. All congregants must maintain social distancing of 6 feet at all times.
8. Admission will be on a first-come-first-serve basis, limited to 60 people. Doors will open at 1:15 and will close at 1:30 or when full.
9. Please do all your sunnah and tasbeeh at home and leave the masjid promptly when prayers are finished.
We are working on making arrangements for opening the masjid for some of the daily prayers including Fajr, Maghrib and Isha which will be in a follow up email Inshallah.
Jazakallah khair, Mohiuddin Ghazi On behalf of the board of ICDC
URGENT APPEAL: Please Donate to our Masjid during this Ramadan!
POLARIS MASJID IS CLOSED FOR ALL ACTIVITIES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Sunday Islamic School is suspended until further notice.
Please see our home page for available resources and what you can do to help in this pandemic.
Masjid Location: 8542 Cotter Street Lewis Center, OH 43035
Masjid to reopen on 19 Jun for Jumma prayer for first 60 members following strict CDC rules.